As a bride-to-be, this might be the best time to try boudoir photography. Whether you’re still flirting with the idea, or ready to go for it, here are six things you should know that makes this session a little different than your family pictures.
- Once in a Lifetime. For many women, this is a one-time event, so make the most of it. Plan your outfits and accessories well in advance. It’s a good idea to schedule a hair appointment too.
- Get to Know Your Photographer. It’s okay to ask questions about your session and your photographer. Find out where the photo shoot will take place, and ask to speak to or meet your photographer. This will help you relax during the session.
- Know what you want. Are you looking for image files? A photo album? Most women don’t choose to display the images on the wall so there are less options; check with your photographer to see what they offer.
- Choose the Right Outfits. There’s no right and wrong here; choose outfits that have the most meaning to you and your husband-to-be. Consider wearing his work clothes or incorporating hobbies. Pairing sexy and sporty gives you a great combination.
- Accessorize. This is the fun part. Bring hats, scarves, shawls, jewelry, sunglasses, feathers, umbrellas or even his power tools! The options are endless, but choose items you enjoy most.
- It’s Also for You. Yes, this will be the best wedding gift ever (and you might have a hard time topping it in the future), but a boudoir session is also for you. Pick outfits you enjoy and are comfortable in, and remember to relax and enjoy your session.